Sunday, June 23, 2013

7 Things to Love About Summer | #5 House Parties with Gevalia

So let's see.


Summer is now, officially, well under way.


Now it is time to party like it's 1999.
or
like it is the sunniest summer we've ever had in Seattle.

I cannot attest to the truthfulness of that last statement.

I CAN. however, attest to the effect the sun has had on my garden.

See, lilacs!

Lilacs in bloom mean it is time for a shindig.

Ideally, this would be in my garden 
(where I spend all my time).

But this is Seattle and summer here

is truly coffee weather.
Mostly because, it is always coffee weather here.
Just throw some ice in it.


Cue Gevalia.

You see.

I am so not a coffee drinker.

I know.
I'm not sure how they let me live near Seattle either.

All things said, I LOVE TEA.
And all sorts of DIFFERENT tea.

So my second best ever gift from my husband, was one of those 
single serve
drop in
coffee/tea server
machines.

Heaven.


Especially when we host folks, 
because we can have fresh coffee available for them.

While some folks might be locals who are addicted to a particular brand

or visitors who feel like a trip to Seattle isn't complete without a sip of that other stuff,
I love that Gevalia now comes in single serve cups for your 
Keurig® K-Cup® Brewer, perfect for a quick Gevalia fix.



Just so you know, Kraft Foods is not affiliated with Keurig, Inc. 
KEURIG and K-CUP are registered trademarks of Keurig, Inc. 

The really great thing is that these single serve Gevalia offerings
are available at my fave place in the world (outside of my garden)


Go Safeway!
Time to host brunch.

I made some tasty sandwiches,
a white bean salad
and some ultra fru fru cracker bites



That cracker was the hit of the day.
tasty thin cracker
smear of goat cheese
dab of apricot jam
smaller dab of mint chutney
fresh mint leaf on top.
Splash of fig balsamic vinegar on the plate.

They were SO yummy.
hit of the day.
High maintenance of course.

The Gevalia
went absolutely stunningly
with the cracker bites.
And with strawberries.


Because everything goes well with strawberries.

I love summer get togethers.
growing up,
in between playing school
(because I was a nerd like that, I would play school during the summer break)
and doctor
(not like that ya'll)
when we played house
I can tell you that we were hosting parties all the time.

Mud pies and all.

now that I'm all grown up
I don't host nearly enough parties
but when I do
I like to make sure my guests are taken care of.

I totally love that Gevalia comes in these one cup servings
so that we can hang out in the yard
reminiscing about our little girl parties.

What parties are you looking to hold this summer?
Where's my invite?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You KNOW you have an opinion about it, already. So spill it. Spark up a conversation...